This 10.5 inch oversized carbon clutch kit leverages a heavy single mass flywheel as compared to the first generation 10.5 carbon kit with a machined oem dual mass flywheel.
The weight of this unit is 35.4-lbs which is 2-lbs less than the modified dual-mass flywheel and offers these benefits;
- Greater Durability (due to the inability for dampener break-down as seen in the dual-mass units)
- Reduced break-in period from 1000 to 500 miles
- Greatly reduced initial break-in chatter (vibration on engagement)
- Lighter Weight than our machined dual mass flywheel
- Greater Consistency of materials (No voids or porosity as seen in casting)
- Machined to .001" tolerance (Flatter is better)
- Reusable (it can be resurfaced)
- Reduced gear lash noise.
- Lower pricing than our 10.5 Dual Mass Clutch kit offering!
After years of Research and Development to correct the poorly engineered and undersized OEM BMW E39 M5 clutch, we are proud to present the best clutch package offered on the market today. Here are some of the advantages to the CNS Racing E39 M5 Power Clutch Kit.
- The CNS Racing BMW E39 M5 Power clutch kit offers the best of both worlds - An oversized 10.5 inch complete Power clutch kit including a heavy single mass flywheel design. Unlike the competitor clutches which include a lightweight and noisy (gearlash) flywheel, the CNS Racing kit includes a heavy single mass which offers negligible gear lash/rollover noise if any.
- The clutch component diameter has been increased in size from 9.45 inches (240mm) to 10.5 inches (267mm). This provides greater surface area for much greater clutch durability and heat dissipation.
- CNS Racing offers a full face carbon semi-metallic clutch disk which has proven longevity and OEM streetability. This in turn eliminates the chance of premature failure due to clutch disk glazing which occurs in OEM and competitor kits that have an Organic disk lining.
- Identical if not better OEM pedal feel.
- Completely plug and play just like the OEM kit. A clutch stop is also included in the kit to adjust the pedal engagement point.
- The OEM SAC mechanism has been eliminated for clutch reliability.
- 900+ rear wheel torque capacity. Great streetability and Racing use. Perfect for Supercharged M5 applications as well.
- The heavy single mass flywheel is lightened by 9 lbs compared to oem.
- It is a complete kit including the streetable high clamp pressure plate, full face carbon semi-metallic disc, OEM release bearing, clutch stop, and heavy single mass flywheel.
Why incur the cost of reinstalling poorly designed OEM and competitor clutches plus the expensive labor for installation. Save thousands of dollars with the CNS Racing E39 BMW M5 Power clutch kit by installing a clutch once! No more babying a high performance car in fear of burning the clutch. Drive your M5 the way it was meant to be driven!!